When using Centrifuge you can choose between deployed pools on Centrifuge Chain and pools on Ethereum. You can connect to both chains via our wallet component that allows you to pick the wallet of your choice. To do so, click on
Connect in the top right corner. Then, first select the chain you want to connect with (currently Ethereum and Centrifuge)
In the second step select the wallet of your choice. On Centrifuge the system currently supports Talisman, Subwallet and Polkadot.js.
On Ethereum, the system supports Metamask, Coinbase Wallet and multiple other wallets through Wallet Connect.
MetaMask is a browser extension that allows you to use Ethereum protocols or dApps (decentralized Apps) such as Tinlake. The extension holds your private keys and serves as a wallet for ETH and ERC20 tokens, such as DAI, senior token of pool, or junior token of pool. Connect MetaMask to the app and confirm your transactions to transfer and receive tokens.
A hardware wallet stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device. To use an address stored in a hardware wallet a user needs to be in physical possession of the device. A popular hardware wallet is Ledger.
Download the Ledger Live and follow the steps in the app described here.
Set up first Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account. See more here.
1. Open the "Manager" in Ledger Live.
2. Connect and unlock your device.
3. If asked, allow the manager on your device.
4. Find Ethereum in the app catalog.
5. Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears
- Your device will display
- The app installation is confirmed
Yes. Newer Ledger Versions are supporting it by default.
Main Ethereum Networkor
Kovan Test Network) at the top.
Connect Hardware Wallet.
When your MetaMask account is connected to the hardware wallet you need to confirm each transaction with Ledger.
Note that Ledger hardware wallets currently do not support Centrifuge Chain (CFG)
You can create a CFG account in any wallet that supports Polkadot. For detailed information on how to set up Polkadot accounts using the different tools that Web3 Foundation/Parity developed and supports, please also see this article. Possible options are:
Of all options, this is the least secure and is not recommended.
Click the dropdown at the top left and select Centrifuge (listed under "Polkadot & Parachains")
Create a new account for your user by navigating to "Accounts" and clicking "Add account".
Fill in the form, e. g. for Peter Parker:
Click "Save" and then "Create and backup account". Make sure you save the downloaded JSON file in a safe place.
Done! You can now copy your address and send it to others to receive tokens. The address is the string starting with
4... (for Centrifuge Mainnet). You can copy it by clicking on the icon to the left of your account name:
This is an unofficial guide on how to use the Parity Signer App to create an account on Centrifuge Chain. Please consult the official Parity Signer documentation here.
Buy an old or new device (ex. iPod touch, Android phone, etc.)
Set up a passcode and set it to wipe the device upon entering the code incorrectly too many times.
Install the Parity Signer App from below links:
Never connect the the device to a computer, even to upgrade it.
Turn off WiFi & Bluetooth (NEVER TURN IT ON AGAIN!)
Create a key for Centrifuge Mainnet using the Parity Signer App
Create your identity to get started
Write down your 24 word Recovery Phrase (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
Set your Identity PIN
Create your first Keypair - select the Centrifuge Mainnet Network
Get your address by scanning the QR code on the Polkadot.js website.
To manually check the above process:
1) Send some test CFG to another address and use Parity Signer to sign this transaction - You will first need to send some CFG to this account - Initiate a transfer on the Polkadot.js website by selecting 'Transfer' in the left menu or on 'Send' from the Accounts page - Click 'Make Transfer' - Click 'Sign via QR' - Using the Parity Signer App, scan the QR code in your browser with the App's QR Scanner from this account screen (see above on how to get it). - In the app, confirm your signature of the transaction by entering your PIN - Click 'Scan Signature QR' in the browser - Sign the transaction
1) Backup your Recovery Phrase and keep it somewhere safe. Please do research on secure methods for storage and recovery.
A note on app updates: If a new version of the app becomes available, please exercise the following caution. Ideally, replace the device or do not update the app. If an update is necessary:
- Hard reset the device and wipe everything
- Re-install the new parity signer app
- Turn off wifi & bluetooth and NEVER TURN IT ON AGAIN
- Recover your key from seed phrase
The following custodians offer custody of CFG or wCFG (ERC20 on Ethereum).
DISCLAIMER: Use of this guide is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the services are provided without warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. Further, to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, in no event shall the company or its affiliates, be liable to you or any third party for any damages of any kind.